- Scottie Scheffler: The world No. 1 is coming off a win at the Masters and has been playing some of the best golf of his career. He is a great all-around player and should be able to handle the difficult conditions at Los Angeles Country Club.
- Jon Rahm: The defending champion is another great all-around player who is always in contention at major championships. He is a bit of a wild card, but he has the talent to win on any course.
- Rory McIlroy: The four-time major winner is finally starting to play like his old self. He has won two tournaments in the past two months and is looking like a major contender again.
- Jordan Spieth: The former world No. 1 has been in great form lately, winning the Valero Texas Open and finishing second at the Masters. He is a great ball-striker and should be able to score well at Los Angeles Country Club.
Other players to watch include Brooks Koepka, Viktor Hovland, Collin Morikawa, and Justin Thomas. All of these players have the talent to win a major championship and could be in contention at Los Angeles Country Club.
Here are some of the factors that could contribute to a player’s victory:
- Ball-striking: The course at Los Angeles Country Club is known for its tight fairways and small greens, so players who can consistently hit the ball in the fairway and on the green will have a big advantage.
- Putting: The greens at Los Angeles Country Club are also known to be fast and undulating, so players who can make putts will be in good shape.
- Mental toughness: The US Open is known for its difficult conditions and long rounds, so players who can stay patient and focused under pressure will be the most likely to win.
Ultimately, the winner of the 2023 US Open will be the player who can combine all of these factors and play their best golf over four days.