The 2024 NFL Divisional Playoff game between the Houston Texans and the Baltimore Ravens is shaping up to be an exciting matchup. Here’s a preview of what to expect:
- Recent Performance: The Texans impressively defeated the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card round with a score of 45-14. Their defense was particularly notable, intercepting Joe Flacco twice and returning both for touchdowns.
- Key Player: Rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud, who completed 16 of 21 passes for 274 yards and three touchdowns against the Browns, achieving a near-perfect passer rating of 157.2.
- Season Record: The Texans have had a mixed season on the road, with a 4-4 record, including a win against the playoff team Indianapolis Colts in their season finale.
- Season Performance: The Ravens finished with a 13-4 record, winning the AFC North. They won six straight games before the final loss of the regular season to Pittsburgh, where they rested their starters.
- Key Player: Quarterback Lamar Jackson, who has a 1-3 record in the postseason as a starter, including a home loss to the Tennessee Titans in January 2020 when the Ravens were the number one seed.
- Past Encounter: The Ravens opened the season with a win at home against the Texans.
- Texans’ Challenge: Houston has won three out of five games against playoff teams, but facing the Ravens in Baltimore will be a significant challenge, especially for Stroud and first-year head coach DeMeco Ryans.
- Ravens’ Advantage: Baltimore has played nine games against playoff teams this season, winning six. They have a strong record and home-field advantage.
The game is expected to be a tough one for the Texans, given the Ravens’ solid performance throughout the season and their home-field advantage. The final score prediction is Baltimore Ravens 35, Houston Texans 10.